Cloud Spectator is transforming the Cloud computing industry by bringing transparency of pricing, performance and overall value of all Cloud service providers. Cloud Spectator is a data-driven Cloud benchmarking and consulting firm, and our business is on the move. We are in the midst of another technology inflection point with Cloud computing, Cloud Native architecture, and Web Scale IT sweeping the IT industry. We need talented and experienced Cloud architects to help deliver for our clients. Cloud Spectator’s consulting division is a fast-growing, business focused, end-to-end Cloud consulting group that develops Cloud strategies, migration roadmaps, technology and architecture frameworks, and successful deployment of hybrid Clouds, private Clouds, and multi-Cloud environments.
As a Cloud Architect with Cloud Spectator, you will anchor our Cloud consulting engagements with executive polish and excellent communications skills, combined with deep technical capabilities and implementation experience. Cloud Architects will be involved in all of our engagements, and in most cases, you will lead them.
In the Cloud Architect role, you will use your technology and consulting to help enterprises adopt Cloud computing to meet their business and IT objectives. You will provide strategic technical advisory solutions to multiple clients for private Cloud, hybrid Cloud and multi-Cloud deployments, from the vision and strategy development to the managed services of operating these dynamic environments.
- Anchor and lead Cloud consulting engagements by providing technical and business insights to Client projects
- Be able to lead Cloud Strategy engagements, Cloud technology and architecture efforts, Cloud deployments, as well as Cloud migrations and portfolio migration to the Cloud
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of complex IT infrastructure solutions
- Work closely with the client to establish infrastructure strategy
- Translate the client’s business requirements into systems design, including high-availability and disaster recovery
- Establish detailed project plans, and execute against them
- Support business development and proposal work
- Develop pricing and cost models for complex engagements, ensuring adequate margins while ensuring risks are understood and mitigated
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s preferred
- 7 plus years of Enterprise Architecture experience, with relevant Cloud computing, Container, API and “Cloud Native Development” experience
- Fluent English language skills a must
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Experience in delivering against tight timelines
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, and can management an engagement from pre-sales and kick-off to close out or, preferably, upsell or extension
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage client accounts and lead teams of 2-10 people, throughout the project lifecycle
- IT strategy experience for planning migrations to public or hybrid clouds including program planning and costing
- Experience of delivering complete enterprise Cloud solutions for projects
- Solid Infrastructure architecture expertise including capacity planning, environment strategy and hosting requirements
- Openness to travel and work at client offices
Technical and Consulting Skills
- Management consulting experience with Big Four or other equivalent management or technology consulting firms
- Ability to define requirements, write proposals, and deliver against SOW scopes and requirements
- Proven Client management skills, including conflict resolution, scope management, engagement management
- Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Solution Architecture experience using TOGAF, Zachman and other frameworks
- Experience with leading cloud platforms across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and solutions
- Experience with major cloud providers including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, as well as Tier 2 and Tier 3 providers
- Implementation experience of cloud management platforms, such as Rightscale, VMware vRealize, as well as Open Source Cloud management tools
- Hands-on experience with leading virtualization platforms
- Cloud Native Computing experience desired, as well as an understanding of Web Scale IT
- Experience with containers, container orchestration, APIs and microservices is essential
- Working knowledge of all infrastructure domains including data centers, networks, storage, servers, service monitoring and end user computing
- Experienced with application modernization and Cloud migrations
About Cloud Spectator
Cloud Spectator is a benchmarking and consulting firm focused on the Cloud computing industry. Cloud Spectator was founded in 2011 and is based in Cambridge, MA. Cloud Spectator provides full spectrum Cloud consulting services including strategy and planning, architecture and technology selection, deployment and implementation, as well as Cloud migration services.
Cloud Spectator also helps cloud providers understand their market position and helps businesses make intelligent decisions related to cloud strategy, cloud readiness, cost reduction and vendor analysis. Cloud Spectator actively monitors many of the largest IaaS providers in the world, comparing Cloud services performance and pricing to achieve transparency in the cloud market.