Updated: July 30, 2018
Cloud Spectator Commercial Use Policy
Cloud Spectator is a cloud benchmarking and consulting agency focused on cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) performance and price-performance analysis. Objective, impartial testing, reviews and ratings form the cornerstone of Cloud Spectators principles and are reflected in the research, reports and blogs published on our site.
The purpose of Cloud Spectator price-performance reports are to help IT professionals and business stakeholders understand the various components that encompass cloud infrastructure-as-a-service offerings. The reports are not meant to replace the vendor evaluation process that should be conducted before making purchasing decisions. Our goal is to provide insight into the performance aspects and pricing models of various products to show the potential value of each offering, as well as bringing attention to product attributes that can affect potential customer solutions. Cloud Spectator’s third-party perspective is based on product testing as well as pricing analyses to determine what a potential customer might expect given certain workloads or scenarios. Usage of the content created by Cloud Spectator is limited by the Commercial Use Policy.
To maximize the reach of our content and distribute it to consumers at their point of decision we do allow the following:
- Linking through websites or social media to any of our free content.
- Retweeting, tweeting us @CloudSpectator, use of hashtags, links, and other sharing through social media as long as the social media activity is not sponsored or paid.
- For more information about licensing our content and reports, please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about non-commercial, educational/academic uses of our content, please submit requests to email@example.com.
Limit of Usage Permissions
- Published information from Cloud Spectator, including our Ratings and Reports, is intended solely for the benefit of our subscribers and other consumers, in order to help them make informed choices and decisions about Cloud services. Such information may not be used by others in advertising or to promote a company’s product or service.
- The use of Cloud Spectator’s name, data, rankings, or information in paid advertising, press releases, on websites, through email campaigns or other forms of marketing without prior written approval is prohibited.
- The use of an excerpt of our content without prior written approval is prohibited. Readers should always have enough context behind the information being shared.
- Unauthorized use of our material may violate multiple legal rights of Cloud Spectator. All of Cloud Spectators’ products are fully protected under the United States Copyright Laws, 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq., and unauthorized copying of, or quoting from, our materials is strictly prohibited.
- If Cloud Spectator learns that this policy has been violated, it will take all steps necessary to prevent the misuse of its name or of any of its materials, including legal action where appropriate.
Commercial Usage Principles
- We allow the licensing of our content and reports under controllable circumstances. For more information, please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Granting permission to license or distribute our content does not constitute an endorsement of any product or service.